Monday, February 11, 2013

Mission Without Borders: Changing Lives One Family at a Time



Operation Winter Rescue Romania 2012 from MWBI on Vimeo.

When I was young (a long,long,long time ago) I wanted to change the world. I learned over time that I can't change "the world". Changing hearts and changing lives is a one on one process. And it can only be done one life- one family- at a time. I have previously shared the appeal for Operation Winter Rescue and the need for material and spiritual aid to needy children children and families in Eastern Europe. This video is a story of one family- one life changed for the better through the work of donors and volunteers.

A couple of notes. In Romania, as in other Eastern European countries, poor families will receive state assistance per child. It is usually a small sum- not nearly enough to raise a child properly. I don't mean this as criticism of any country- but it's not something anyone would want to try to survive on. One US dollar is about 3 Romanian lei, so the 170 RON (new Romanian lei) equals about $50-$55 a month. Many Eastern European countries require students to provide their own school supplies. Otherwise, they cannot attend school! I'm not sure if this is the situation in Romania, but if it is, the school supplies provided were critical to keeping the 2 older children in school.

This one family's life was made a little brighter, a little more hopeful, because of Operation Winter Rescue, Mission Without Borders and donors. Multiply this a few thousand times and that, my friend, is the sound of the world being changed- one life at a time.


You can give alternative Christmas gifts this year that will change the life of a child or a family!


14 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for my family.

rlbuiten said...

i am thankful for my family.

Lesley said...

i am thankful for my family and living in a country that allows me to make my own choices

michedt said...

I'm thankful for living in this great country and my family.
Michelle tucker

Rebekah M said...

I am thankful for my amazing family.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for my family and friends, and my wonderful life :)

Anne C said...

I'm so happy that I am me, that I have my family and my friends, :)

Jessica White said...

I'm grateful for the roof over my head, and the clothes on my back and the food that I have!

Rachel said...

I am so thankful for my family and health and love of life!

Unknown said...

I am thankful for the books we have to read and get educated through. I am also thankful each day to have a family that holds each other up.

Unknown said...

I am thankful that my husband has a job. That Jesus is coming again.

Unknown said...

I am grateful for everyone in my amazing family and my recovery!!

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

What a great organization. This video made me cry.

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

I can't even begin to say how much I can be thankful for. My home, my job, my family, and the list goes on.